Several of my RomVets friends have recently finaled in the RITA awards, for excellence in Romance Fiction given by RWA, recently. I thought we'd list "why read an award nominee?" Here are a few reasons:
1. It's been nominated for this cool award, read it!
2. This book has been peer reviewed, no one is harsher than a peer. Read it!
3. This author has written an awesome book that a panel of judges has given high marks to. Read it!
4. Romance authors rock. These are the cream of the crop. Read these books!
5. As a military veteran who also writes romances novels, I know that these authors write about heroic women who understand sacrifice and who find heroes who appreciates her. Read these books!
Yes, for those of you who don't know, I was in the Air Force for a few years. I served as a communications officer until I opted for the higher calling of motherhood. :) I wouldn't trade those years of service to my country for anything. Go ahead and Google RomVets. You'll find a neat web page with information on authors who have also served our country with honor and also write awesome romance novels.