My Ivory Tower

My name is Karin Huxman and I write romance for New Concepts Publishing. You can find my author page at http://newconceptspublishing.com/karinhuxmanbooks.html. I write a mix of time travel, contemporary, paranormal, and sf/fantasy and love every minute of it.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

No NaNoWriMo this year

Well, I gave it a good start. But 10,554 words in I was sick for three days and, to tell the truth, that really short circuited my motivation. Plus I'm still working on my non fiction book and decided that had to be my writing priority.

My NaNo book was a story I'd started writing at Improv. My trashy vamp does not sparkle, she truly enjoys the hunt and her unlife. She's got a sense of humor, too. So I've got a non-sparkly vamp, a vamp going a little crazy, a murder on Cape Cod, and a little romance, too. And yes, I do intend to finish this book. Just not as quickly as I'd hoped.

To everyone who "won" at NaNoWriMo this year, I offer my hearty congratualtions. Look out for me next year!

No comments: